" If the unrighteous Government is to be pulled down, we will have to perform samashti sadhana (Spiritual practice for the sake of the society), seek God’s blessings and the boon of establishing the ‘Hindu Nation’.
Then only the root cause of all problems, that is, the Tama component (One of the three components in the universe) will be eliminated !"
- Dr. Athavale (13.9.2012)
Commentary by ‘A Scholar’
1. Though the Saints of the earlier times were harassed by many, they were saved because they chanted God’s Name : Many Saints of the earlier times tried their best to reap the harvest of devotion and sow the seeds of purity into the atmosphere. Though they were harassed very much by heretics and atheists, they could carry on their mission because they chanted God’s Name. Finally, the heretics were punished. History will repeat itself in today’s times.
2. Heretics will certainly be punished for their great sin of harassing Saints : It is inevitable that the politicians, unrighteous leaders, goons, extremists and rationalists will be punished as per their Tama-predominant karmas. There is no greater sin than harassing Saints.
3. Every Saint has said, ‘Listen to the call of your soul, remember God and perform sadhana (Spiritual practice)’ : If we have to take every individual on the path of sattvikta (Purity), their body (which is destined for destruction) needs to be sacrificed. In other words, the materialistic tendency should be sacrificed and individuals should be taken to the path of renunciation. Every Saint has said - ‘Never embellish the body because it is destined for destruction; hence, listen to the call of the soul, remember God and perform sadhana’.
4. In Kaliyug, the jiva (Embodied soul) is missing true Anand (Bliss) : In today’s era of Kaliyug, since the jiva has accumulated many temptations in the mind and fallen prey to them in day-to-day life, it has missed true Anand. True Anand lies in observing the soul.
5. When ‘I’-ness is completely dissolved as a result of sadhana, the individual will not perform any evil karma : Being engrossed in Anand of the self means becoming one with God. In this state, ‘I’-ness is completely dissolved. When the Sattva component (One of the three components in the universe) is accumulated in this manner, individuals will not perform any evil karma. Such a circumstance will prevail in the Divine Kingdom. Since everyone will be Sattva-predominant and there will be more emphasis on communion with God, everyone will get the spiritual experience of closeness with God.
1. Only if we remain faithful to the Holy feet of Saints, we will be ferried across the ocean of the material world : If we have to eliminate the corrupt ways, lust, treachery, deep involvement with Maya (Great Illusion), there is no alternative tosadhana. If we remain faithful to the Holy feet of Saints, we will be ferried across the ocean of the material world; but if we are entrapped in the company of Tama-predominant heretics, it will be the end.
2. If we perform sadhana, we will never lose God’s grace : If we do not perform sadhana, even God will not save us from great adversity. We will have to face the horrific war in difficult times. Where there is Tama component, destruction is inevitable. However, if we perform sadhana, we will never lose God’s grace.
3. If we have firm faith that God will take care of us in difficult times, it will not be difficult for us to become one with Him.
4. To enter the Divine Kingdom, we must perform rigorous sadhana : If theTama component is to be eliminated completely, the seed of rigorous sadhana must be sown in the society and those who perform sadhana will lead a glorious life.
5. The ‘Hindu Nation’ (Divine Kingdom) is not far off if we believe in the dictates of Dharma and abide by it with utmost faith : If we have to eliminate theTama-predominant material world, we should abide by the religious acts of remembering God, bhav (Spiritual emotion) for God and devotion unto Him. If we do not leave the Holy feet of Saints and God, if we believe in the dictates of Dharma and abide by it with utmost faith, establishment of the ‘Hindu Nation’ will not be far off.
6. If sadhana is performed without expectations, the ‘Hindu Nation’ will be established effortlessly, and by performing sadhana with expectations, we will progress spiritually in this birth : If we have to pull down the Government, we will have to impart education about religion to the people, spread Dharma in the society, and after seeking the blessings of samashti God, we will have to seek a boon of establishing the ‘Hindu Nation’ from Him.
The ‘Hindu Nation’ will automatically come into existence if we performsadhana without expectations; by performing sadhana with expectations, we can be spiritually emancipated in this very birth. By performing samashti sadhana (Spiritual practice for the sake of the society), the Tama component (which is the root cause of all problems) will be eliminated.
Hence, H.H. Dr. Athavale has said that the only panacea for all problems of the society and the Nation is to get sadhana done from the society and make it sattvik.
(Through the medium of Mrs. Anjali Gadgil,
Adhik Bhadrapad Kru. Paksha 12, Kaliyug Varsh 5114 [13.9.2012], 7.45 p.m.)
Source : English Sanatan Prabhat